As a participant in the 11th Annual SmartPitch Challenge, you will get access a chance to develop your business concept as part of an entrepreneurship community of students, entrepreneurs, private and public sector mentors, and experts, and gain access to resources, peer camaraderie and mentorship. In addition, you will be informed about a variety of resources with regards to entrepreneurship, paid internships and job offerings at start-ups.
To participate in SmartPitch, click HERE to join our online community of student entrepreneurs and mentors
The best teams will be invited to present their concepts at the SmartPitch Event on June 6, 2013 and compete for $8,500 in prizes.
1st Prize: $5,000
2nd Prize: $2,500
3rd Prize: $1,000
If you are one of the top 5 finalists you will be able to participate in a Virtual Business Incubator, which will help you to launch your businesses in the real world and includes:
• Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
• Incubator Space
• Mentorship from Experts at IBM
• Access to the entrepreneurship network in virtual and real space
• Access to stipends and angel investors.
In addition, winners will present their new businesses in the fall of 2013.
SmartPitch 2013 Timeline
• 2/1 Kick-off Event
• 2/1 -6/6 Continuing business development, consultation and mentorship on CUNYIVE Ning
• 3/25 Milestone One Due: 30 Sec Video Pitch
• 4/23 Milestone Two Due: Post an Executive Summary to Ning
• 5/20 Milestone Three Due: Post a 10-Slide Deck to your Ning Page
• 6/6 SmartPitch Event Competition (See the 2012 Winners)
• 6/15-16 Entrepreneurship Boot Camp in NYC
• 6/18-9/6 Virtual Business Incubator at IBM, Institute for Virtual Enterprise and Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship
• 10/12 Business Launch Celebration and Initiation of IVE Fellows